At Autumn Yard, we’re all about making food for everyone, meat-eaters, coeliacs, vegetarians and vegans! Easter and chocolate go hand in hand and there’s no reason why vegans should miss out on stuffing their faces with it, so why not make your own dairy free easter eggs?
1 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 Cup of Maple Syrup)
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
You will also need oval (egg shaped) moulds
1. Melt the oil in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
2. Once melted, remove the bowl from the pan, add the syrup and mix together.
3. Add the cacao powder and stir until you have smooth, liquid chocolate.
4. Leaving some mixture to the side for later, pour the rest into your moulds of choice and put in the freezer
5. Leave the moulds in the freezer for around 20 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
6. Take the moulds out of the fridge and carefully remove the chocolate egg halves.
7. Brush the rim of each mould with the leftover chocolate, then stick the egg halves together.
8. Leave to set in the fridge for a further 10 minutes, then enjoy!
If you’re not the greatest cook in the world or just plain lazy, you can always go to your nearest supermarket and buy a vegan easter egg! Happy Easter!